Are you living in the area of North Holland, do you have a nautical background and are you a flexible employee? Then we are looking for you!
About the role
You will be working at a marine surveying company in the maritime sector.
In the position of Inspector / Pre-loading and Cargo Surveyor, your daily activities will consist of, among others:
- Inspection of cargoes (mainly steel) on the jetty and on board of vessels;
- Carry out tests on board of vessels;
- Carry out condition surveys of vessels (On-Hire Surveys);
- Reporting in the English language.
The position is a combination of work at the office as well as outside the office.
- Secondary vocational education level (MBO);
- You thrive in a work environment that can vary from day to day;
- You have the possibility and you are willing to work flexible hours, outside of office hours and during the weekends (against appropriate compensation);
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in Dutch and English;
- Experience in the maritime sector is a plus.
- A good salary;
- A nice job for 40 hours per week, with a good balance between ‘outside’ and ‘inside’ work;
- Lots of flexibility;
- A company car;
- Mobile phone and laptop;
- 24 vacation days (pro-rata);
- An open and informal work environment/team;
- You work either from home or from our Amsterdam The surveys mainly take place in the port of Amsterdam, Beverwijk and IJmuiden.
Who are we?
We are Van Ameyde Marine: A marine surveying company in the maritime sector, with offices at Rotterdam, Maasvlakte, Amsterdam and Flushing. We are part of a global group with offices located in various countries. We carry out surveys on a variety of cargoes and/or objects and inspect the extent and cause of the damages, all in the maritime/transport sector.
Please contact Erica Vermeiden